Image Map

Saturday 25 October 2014

Five for Friday!

I totally had this post started last night and then......then I didn't finish it because there was a couch,TV a blanket (yes it is still chilly here)  and wine.....post not finished :)  but I am back to link up with Doodlebugs!







I totally made my kiddos model my newest product Halloween headbands....they were so into it, can't you tell! Seriously they had a blast coloring them in and writing a halloween message on the back.  Halloween is not as much of a big deal here in Australia but these two have begged me to let them dress up and trick or treat this year.....so I said yes! That makes me Mother of the Year! 

PS. I love that cheeky smile :)  The other one is a teenager grin....cool ya know 


My Year 4's have been doing some word art and I am loving how they are turning out.  They were asked to choose a landscape that they love going to withing Tasmania, this one is Cradle Mountain in the background and Dove Lake in the foreground.  Hikers paradise!



My Year 2's have finally finishing their Spring trees!  Friends we started this BEFORE our Term 3 break, that was over 4 weeks ago.  Well, I said, enough dilly dallying around let's get these bad boys finished!  So we did.
We used pencils and crayons for the background and trunk then used white tissue paper to scrunch and paint with watercolor for the leaves, the kiddos loved watching the watercolor spread through the paper.  The blossoms were made by dipping cotton tips into paint and splodging (technical art term) onto the branches.  I love them!



We had a short week at school this week, with public holiday on Thursday and A Student Free Day on Friday that was full of PD.....oh the humanity!  Some of it was great, some of it was not, I'm sure you know those presenters that could possibly be a reanimated cadaver?  Yup, we had one of them. 




My last randomness for this week is this delicious spinach and caramelised onion tart.  OMG it was yumminess plus, I even got to have the leftovers for lunch the next day.  Just FYI, I served it with green beans and mushrooms kilpatrick.  There were no complaints...except for Mr Fussy pictured above but we try to ignore that.....tough love here people :)

Head over to Kasey's blog to check out some other fun randomness :)

3 comments:

  1. That art work is delightful. Love the grins and smiles of your two models
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  2. And WHERE is that recipe for the pie?? Hmmm?? I tried clicking around for it. It sounds WAY good :) See you around! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe is from a fitness group I have joined and is only available for members :) I can tell you it is low cal and very tasty!

      Tania

      Delete