Image Map

Monday 1 September 2014

Currently....already!!



I am joining Farley for her Currently linky.  I just love getting a little peek into bloggers lives!



I have to cook through the whole week as the hubs works later than me, so the diner menu is all mine.  However.....the deal is you don't have to do the dishes if you cook, I always enjoy the sound of someone else washing up!

I cannot tell you how ecstatic I was to hear that my favourite book series, Outlander has been turned into a TV series.  I was a bit worried that the characters weren't going to live up to the characters I have in my head.......Oh. My. Word!  It is the best show I have ever seen!  Sunday is now known as Outlander Day in my house and I just hang out for the next episode each week.

We are supposed to be starting Spring here in Australia and there has been snow forecast for tomorrow....brrrr!  I am a bit over the cold weather and I reallllllly don't want to be on playground duty with the icy, snowy winds blowing!  I do have hand warmers that I keep in my school bag, just in case :)

I have a massive file that I have been working on that incorporates art, craft, reading comprehension, writing and calendars.  It is nearly finished and I am just wanting it to be done!   My biggest problem is what to call it!  I can't wait to get it in my store, I am loving it!

I have 2 weddings coming up, both of them for my nieces.  One I can't get to, so I need to send a fab wedding gift.  The other one is in January in North Queensland, ahhhhh, bring on the humidity!  I am will be on the hunt for some cute summer shoes and a light, pretty dress for the wedding.  My son will be a junior groomsman and my daughter will be playing the piano as the bride and groom walk down the aisle.  I can't wait!  

I have been pretty lucky in that I have travelled extensively around our country as well as many places overseas.......but there are still places I need to see!
Now, if you have read Outlander you will realise why my no1 place to visit is Scotland!  I do like a man in a kilt, hee hee. Canada looks like an amazing place that has so much to explore so I hope to visit with my family one day.  I am saving my pennies to hopefully get to Vegas next year for the next TpT conference because, well because!

Head over to catch up with lots of other great bloggers!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tania,
    I’ve heard a lot about Outlanders! I’ve tried to watch it online but the episodes keep cutting out, sigh. Is it on normal TV or Foxtel?
    Scotland is beautiful! My dad was born there and I went there for a holiday to stay with some family for a few weeks in 2011. It’s amazing, you’d love it! Hopefully you get there one day :)

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoe! It is on Foxtel here in Australia and I am loving it! Saving my pennies to get there one day! If you find the books in Australia the first one is called Crosstitch, not Outlander, so far there are 8 books and a 9th one being penned right now as we speak by the beautiful Diana Gabladon.
      Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi, nice to meet you virtually...oh, you are a clipart addict too!!! {Just saw it scroll by! :)} Hard to imagine your weather...I am in the High Desert of Southern California...I think it was around 106 today!! Okay, it is almost 3 am...so yesterday!!! I was blessed to go to the 1st TpT conference & am FINALLY launching my store! I hope to be able to go again next year...look forward to meeting you!
    Thanks,
    Nancy
    The Apple Basket Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the dishes! We have that deal too but it doesn't always work! I hope there is no snow for you tomorrow - although I do love it! We at least had some rain today, that was exciting!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that first Outlander book - but have not finished it...YET! I am excited there is a show! I hope that it doesn't snow - brrrrrr.
    Michelle
    GlueSticks&Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying Outlander too!! Love the accents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking the show too. I heard it was based on a book series but haven't read them. We JUST started school back so the budget has been a little tight. Once we get a little wiggle room I was thinking about buying them. :-)
    Ryan
    The Disneyfied Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love historical novels you will love these! There are 8 books on the series so far, more to come. My first copies are starting to fall apart because I have read them so often, I think I might have to replace them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete